How does domain name expiration work?

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Sat Sep 18 08:01:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 17:20, Larry Cook wrote:
> I've been watching a domain name that I'd like to grab.  It is now a month
> past expiration but GoDaddy still reports it as not available.
>
> I've tried finding info on how expired domain names are handled but haven't
> found much useful other than a few individual's comments in news groups which
> said 30 days, 60 days, 6 months, and NSI auctions them off.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this for me, or point me to some info on it?

I'm actually in the middle of a domain name grab right now. It's
actually supposed to happen today, strangely enough. There's been a
PENDINGDELETE status on this particular domain name for a few days now,
the actual delete is supposed to happen today. When it does, hopefully
I'll be able to snag it -- through Godaddy.

There was a long grace period of a few months. Different Registars have
different rules for the grace periods.

Just be patient and lurk quietly in the shadows. When it happens,
POUNCE!

:-)

> Thanks,
> Larry
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
There are inflows and outflows -- and you're just a little node.