Forcing sendmail to use HELO (vs. EHLO)?

Kevin D. Clark clark_k at pannaway.com
Wed Sep 22 13:51:01 EDT 2004

Scott Garman <sgarman at iname.com> writes:

> The support guy wants me to try this now (even though
> Exchange advertises ESMTP capability in its banner).

Funny.  I recently had to deal with an Exchange server that advertised
8bitmime capabilities in response to a EHLO, but bounced messages when
it actually encountered such a message.  I can't find the bounce
messages right now, but as I recall, the error message in the bounce
wasn't very helpful.

I thought I'd mention this in case this is useful.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E