VoIP and Asterisk

Jon maddog Hall maddog at li.org
Mon Sep 27 21:09:01 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a couple of people who are interested in coming to talk about VoIP and
Asterisk.  With a little luck and some frequent flyer miles, we might be able
to get Mark Spencer, as well as a few people from other companies.

Because Asterisk is a took that could affect business people who have no idea
what the software does, and just barely an idea of what a telephone PBX can
do, I would like to suggest that we have this as one of our bigger meetings,
perhaps holding it at Daniel Webster College and trying to invite some of the
other business groups to look at it such as Swanh, Rotary Club, etc.

Because this will take some planning, I will suggest it for right after
New Years or else in the Spring.

Comments?

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.