BitTorrent and Comcast?

Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Tue Sep 28 23:05:01 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Scott" <bscott at ntisys.com>
To: "Greater NH Linux User Group" <discuss at gnhlug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: BitTorrent and Comcast?

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, at 3:36pm, hewitt_tech at comcast.net wrote:
> > The scammers should be tracked down one by one and made to face the
> > courts.
>
>   Sure.  Tell me how NH residents like myself are supposed to track down a
> criminal in Russia sending stuff from a zombie box in Korea and using a PO
> Box in Mexico.

Why would this be your job? All I'm saying is that no one is even willing to
entertain the reports. As far as I can tell almost none of these felons are
ever pursued...

-Alex

P.S. Wasn't there an enforcement agency called Interpol? Does the FBI go
after these guys? The fact that not even the slightest effort is made to
extract a price allows this crap to continue.