php/mysql setup issues

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:29:01 EDT 2005

I'm being driven insane... the php/mysql installation on one of my
machines keeps getting broken, and I end up with the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in ........
(when I try to use a script that accesses mysql)

Now, I have them both installed... there's a line in my
/etc/php4/apache/php.ini that says:
extension=mysql.so

which, if all is as I gather from reading docs, should do the magic...
but it is not so.

This is Debian unstable with a 2.6.4 kernel, if that matters... what
other info can I provide that would help?

--
--Drew Van Zandt