Yes Hosstraders!

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at iname.com
Wed Apr 6 22:15:01 EDT 2005

   This is an amalgamated reply.

To those complaining that I gave up too easy:

   It got a bunch of people to reply, didn't it?

To those who have responded:

   *****THANKS!!!*****

To those wondering what Hosstraders is:

   Sorry, I thought the recent traffic here was enough.  Hosstraders, in it's
present form, is best described as "a flea market for geeks", although it
remains a hamfest (amateur radio gathering) at it's core.  This spring, it
will take place at the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds (about 15 minutes West of
Concord), on Fri 6 May and Sat 7 May.  More information can be found at
http://www.qsl.net/k1rqg/ ("official" site) and http://www.hosstraders.com/
(unofficial).  It's fun, trust me.

Admission and costs:

   No freebies.  Heck, I'm not even sure we still have a spot reserved (I need
to contact maddog about that).  But it's only $5 to get in ($10 before 3PM on
Friday), and all the profit goes to help injured children.  It doesn't get
much better then that.  It's $10 for your own "seller's space", but GNHLUG's
own space (plus a little extra) will be covered.  There's also a $10 fee for
overnight camping.

Qualifications:

   A pulse.  If you've used Linux, that's nice, too.  Seriously, I'm asking
mainly for people to help evangelize Linux to a bunch of other geeks.  I might
ask for someone to keep an eye on the both for a bit here and there (during
bio breaks and my own 'osstrading), but not a lot of that.

   People with radio experience are especially welcome.

Scheduling:

   I will arrive there no later then 7 PM Friday, and hope to be there first
thing in the AM.  (Depends what my boss says.)  I will be there all day
Saturday.  Anyone is welcome anytime.

   The busiest times (when help is most welcome) are Friday after 5 PM and
Saturday up until the raffle.  Things usually start to wrap up around noon on
Saturday, and by 2 or 3 it's a ghost town.

Selling stuff:

   Hosstraders is largely about buying, selling, trading, and exchanging
"stuff".  I think I've seen just about everything except human organs for sale
at Hosstraders.  For the GNHLUG booth, if we have space leftover (and we
usually do), we generally let GNHLUG'ers put their "stuff" up for sale, with
the only restriction that it be in some way compatible with Linux.  Space will
be somewhat limited, so if you're bringing a U-Haul be prepared to buy your
own space.

   Monitor this frequency^W list for further updates.

   Thanks again!

--
Ben <dragonhawk at iname.com>