SLUG meeting tonight in UNH Morse 301 at 7pm

Robert E. Anderson rea at q.sr.unh.edu
Mon Apr 11 12:58:01 EDT 2005

Topic: System setup and maintenance

Generally our topics are fairly technical, tonight's meeting will be a
little more general.  We'll discus ideas on system setup and
configuration that help make our lives easier.

Like any good tool, your Linux system, should perform its function well
with high reliability and minimal maintenance.  Proper care and handling
of tools ensures both long term quality of service and helps avoid the
damage that can often occur by misuse.

I'll present some idea on disk structure, backups, maintenance
schedules.  There will be plenty of opportunity for attendees to share
idea on what works (or doesn't work) for them.

Directions are available on the website http://slug.gnhlug.org

 Robert E. Anderson                     email: rea at sr.unh.edu
 Systems Programmer                     phone: (603) 862-3489
 UNH Research Computing Center            fax: (603) 862-1761