[Slight OT] - CD Lables

David Ecklein dave at diacad.com
Fri Apr 22 11:20:01 EDT 2005

I have a recent Epson Stylus Photo R200 that I bought retail (at CompUSA)
for $99.  It does a beautiful job on inkjet printable CDRs - which can be
had at Sam's - 50 700 Mb Verbatim for about $14.  This printer is a best
buy, in my opinion - does everything well for the money.  It comes with a
special carriage to hold the CDs (or DVDs) for printing.  Software requires
Win98SE or above - it is a USB device - I do not know whether Linux version
of the CD printing software is available.

Avoid the rather cute little Casio CW-50 and related models, even though
they may go for a good price - these are specialized heat-transfer CD/DVD
printers that require heat-transfer capable blank CDRs, not easy to find.
Also, the heat transfer tapes are expensive, even compared to inflated ink
jet cartridges.  Plus, it is an extra gadget to worry about.  And find
drivers for.

Dave Ecklein
www.diacad.com