Debian Preseed

Kenneth E. Lussier klussier at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 11:58:01 EDT 2005

Does anyone have any experience with debian-installer or the preseed
installation method? I'm having some difficulty with the netcfg portion,
specifically. For some reason, if I don't preseed the netcfg questions,
it will try to configure the network via dhcp. When that fails (no dhcp
server in the lab), I can manually configure some network settings (ip
address, netmask, gateway, and dns), but not others (hostname and
domain). Hostname is automatically set to "debian" and the domain
portion is left blank. I'm trying to build a custom distro, and the user
really needs to be able to set their own hostname and domain. Any
pointers would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Kenny