Ripping wav files from iso image

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Apr 25 18:00:01 EDT 2005

If you feel like experimenting, cdfs might be useful:
	http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/

If you do, post a summary.

I've heard people say that dd won't work because dd defaults to 2k
blocks and CD's have 2.3K audio blocks.  I can't see how that's
relevant if you're dumping to a flat file but I could be missing
something.

I guess part of the question is if dd just pulled bits off of the
disc/raw device that is /dev/cdrom or if the /dev/cdrom driver tried to
do something smart, like presenting a session as a device (in which
case it would probably ignore the CD Audio).

-Bill

On Apr 25, 2005, at 13:13, Whelan, Paul wrote:

> Does anyone know how to rip tracks off an iso image?
> I thought I'd be clever and just dd one of my new cd's to my hard drive
> for later ripping/encoding of the tracks.  The problem is getting
> cdparanoia to read the iso image.  I setup the iso image as a loop
> device using losetup and tried cdparanoia -d /dev/loop0 but it doesn't
> like that.  Most of the pages that I've weeded through on google
> weren't
> quite meeting the need so I thought I'd through the question out to the
> list.
>
> Thanks,
> PaulW

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle

For fastest support contact, please follow:
http://bfccomputing.com/support_contact.html