The Averatec 6240 Laptop

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Apr 26 10:58:12 EDT 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 18:03, Fred wrote:

> The
> Averatec ships with XP home, but the CDs will only allow you to install
> XP to factory conditions without the ability to partition the drive --
> must be standard to do it that way these days, and completely useless
> me in any case.

You can get a live CD called SystemRescueCD which includes qt_parted in
framebuffer mode and the Captive NTFS driver.  I've had pretty good
luck resizing NTFS partitions using it.

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle

For fastest support contact, please follow:
http://bfccomputing.com/support_contact.html