Why I hate MS

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Tue Apr 26 17:40:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 04:34:56PM -0400, puissante wrote:
> I could find the info if I needed to, but certifications, along with
> other forms of credentialsim, is largely a waste of time I think. You
> either know what you are doing or you haven't a clue, and a stupid piece
> of paper proves nothing one way or another.

I largely fall into this camp also, but I think they can be
occasionally useful.  An example is someone in my position...  I've
got a good amount of experience, and I'm a bright guy, but I've been
away from IT for about 3 years.  If I had the cash to get myself some
certs before I re-entered the job market, I think I could have
leveraged that to get back into a more senior position than the one
I'm currently in...

-=-=-=-=-