Asterisk for POTS users

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Aug 2 15:56:01 EDT 2005

> I have Broadband VoiP service through a company called USA Datanet
> out of Syracuse, NY and the only reason for that is because they use
> our software and I have full access to all of the servers, thus if a
> problem arises I can hop right in and check it out.  To them I'm
> just another device in their system, but in reality that device is
> my Asterisk box.  Once they deliver the call to me, I can do
> whatever I want with it, including sending it back out via USA
> datanet or PSTN to another phone, play customized messages depending
> on the ANI, route it to specific voicemail boxes, route it to
> specific extensions in my house, etc....

That's very cool. I'm (hopefully) about to move and since I will not have DSL
anymore due to location I will still have broadband.

Can anybody suggest an asterisk friendly VoIP provider that is cheap. I'll
never use it except for my DirecTV/TiVo setup and perhaps for incoming calls
to home automation stuff way later on.

I'm looking for something super cheap :)