Asterisk for POTS users

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Aug 2 17:07:01 EDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 13:51, Mark Komarinski wrote:

> (insert rant here about when I pick up the phone, I darn well expect to
> hear a dialtone and Comcast will never have the reliability as
> Verizon).

My Verizon line (business and phone #'s) was out for 3 days last
spring.  Fortunately it was nice weather so I spent a day sitting on
the roof with my laptop and cell phone w/ external antenna.  It's not a
flat roof either.  In the end it was a "software problem", at Verizon
after they sent the line jockeys out twice.  I asked them to check that
on the first call, since it went out suddenly in sunny weather with the
neighbors unaffected.  They assured me it couldn't be that.

So far Adelphia has a better batting average and they seem to know how
to run a data network.

Stan Brinkerhoff gave a great talk to the DLSLUG on Asterisk in May:

   http://www.dlslug.org/past_meetings.html

Might want to check out the slides.

-Bill
-----