PCI wireless NICs

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Thu Aug 4 20:39:00 EDT 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 01:57 pm, Randy Edwards wrote:
>    The last time I checked, the G version of the wireless "standard" did
> not have any GNU/Linux support.
There's some, but it's disappointing how little.  I recently was in the market
for a wireless PCMCIA card for a new laptop to add to my home network.  I
bought a D-Link DWL-G630.  I had to buy a revision C device to be sure the
Atheros drivers would work.  That said, the Atheros drivers worked right off
since I knew what I was looking for.

I think I found the MadWifi pages very helpful.  Look for a big list of all
the cards and chipsets and they will very specifically identify what cards
and revisions will and won't work.

Good luck to you.
-N