question connecting fedora to comcast

Scott C. Mellott scott at mellott.com
Wed Aug 24 07:49:01 EDT 2005

You did not mention either the computer (brand/model) or what ethernet
adapter you're attempting to use under Linux.  That information is
critical to help you.

Do the following to determine what your system is seeing for an ethernet
adpater:

What is the output for the following?
1. /sbin/ifconfig -a
2. cat /etc/modules.conf
3. cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
4. cat /proc/modules

Scott