system excercising/burn-in tests?

Kevin D. Clark clark_k at pannaway.com
Thu Aug 25 11:48:01 EDT 2005

Paul Lussier writes:

> clark_k at pannaway.com (Kevin D. Clark) writes:

>> (while /bin/true ; do sync ; sleep 3 ; done) &
>> cd /usr/src/linux
>> while /bin/true ; do make clean && make -j 4 all modules ; done
>
> This doesn't really test that much though, cpu, disk i/o, maybe some
> memory, but completely misses things like USB bus testing, etc.

It especially tests the drives, just like you orginally asked for.

BTW, many of the folks I work with use these:

   http://www.thermotron.com/products/benchtop.html

They seem to be popular.

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit