Any experience with ProBIND?

Neil Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Tue Aug 30 18:01:02 EDT 2005

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with using ProBIND (or similar
tools) to manage DNS?  We're looking for a more readily manageable
solution than the spreadsheet we use now at work.  ProBIND seems really
close to what we want, but we also want to be able to simulate split DNS
with views and I can't seem to figure out if ProBIND can do that - seems
that it can't.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using it, especially if
you've used it with views.  And does anyone have any particularly
problematic experiences with views?  Seems pretty straightforward to me,
but it'll be my first time deploying it on a large scale.
-N