Programming Language History

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 11:00:01 EST 2005

Jeff Kinz <jkinz at kinz.org> writes:

> Hey Paul, Just wanted to say thanks for that pointer to
> Paul Graham site.  I ran across this essay which I just loved.
>
> http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html

Yes indeed, a great essay.  I've become somewhat obsessed with PG's
Lisp writings recently, and these essays are largely responsible for
me delving into the wonderful world of Lisp over the last 6 months or
so.

> It uncovers the essential reason why we need to know the differences
> between the relative power of different programming languages.
>
> He states that Lisp is the most powerful.  I certainly can't ague with
> that.

Exactly, though it's imperitive to understand that (/= power performance)
;)
--

Seeya,
Paul