Voip teleophony - Anyone know Packet-8 or others?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Sun Dec 11 18:59:01 EST 2005

I use Broadvoice's "BYOD" plan. So I supplied my own HT-286. I was using
my asterisk box located at work to connect, then had my HD-286 connect
to the Asterisk box, but I like some of the features that Broadvoice
supplies (like ringing my cell phone at the same time)

It's only $6/month for 100mins outgoing and unlimited incoming calls.

I'm very happy with it, works well.

I also ran into Galaxyvoice, that offers 60mins outgoing, and unlimited
incoming for FREE a month, only a $25 setup fee. I got one of those for
testing my Asterisk box and for a "dail-a-song" type service for a
friends band. Very happy with that as well.

Those plans work well for me since I don't make many outgoing calls at home.

I also have a WRT54G running dd-wrt firmware and use the QOS features.

I use Earthlink cable (basically comcast)