Non-linux servers

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 08:55:02 EST 2005

Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> writes:

> On Dec 9, 2005, at 10:25, Paul Lussier wrote:
>
>> If
>> Solaris eventually morphs into a truly Free OS, what advantage would
>> linux provide other than perhaps it's slightly larger hardware support
>> matrix?
>
> GPL, embedded systems.

Hmm, yeah, I can see not wanting to use Solaris for embedded systems.
I'm not sure what you mean by the GPL comment.  If Solaris were
released under license which qualified as "truly Free", I probably
wouldn't care which license that was.  Personally, I like the BSD
license better, since, technically, it's *more* free than the GPL is,
but that's not the point.  And wouldn't it be hysterical to see
Solaris under a BSD license (in an ironical sort of way).

--

Seeya,
Paul