TiVo and VoIP (Was: Re: Voip teleophony - Anyone know Packet-8 or others?)

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Dec 12 19:19:01 EST 2005

> Roughly $70 solves the problem forever, just plug the TiVo into your
> home network:
>
>   http://www.9thtee.com/turbonet.htm
>
> I did this before ditching my landline 3+ years back, figuring it'd
> pay for itself in 2 months.  I'm glad I did.

Depending on the TiVo and the type of service in question this may not
be an option.

Adding a network interface to a DirecTiVo is not an easy task. It
requires much more hacking compared to a SA TiVo.

Not only that, the only reason to do it on a DTiVo is for the HMO (so
it's only worth it for Series2). Since guide data comes in via the sat,
and the PPV via the remote will not work with a hacked DTiVo.