TiVo and VoIP (Was: Re: Voip teleophony - Anyone know Packet-8 or others?)

Jared Watkins jared at watkins.net
Tue Dec 13 00:27:00 EST 2005

mike ledoux wrote:

>9th tee claims their turbonet device will work in Series 1 DTiVo
>machines.  I don't have a DTiVo, so I can't say for sure.  However,
>DTiVo does not require a phone line for guide data, so that isn't
>particularly relevant to the discussion of Series 1 TiVo without a
>landline.

I added their cache card to my S1 DTiVo and have no trouble with it...
someone said it requires more 'hacking' than others... I would say it
was all pretty easy.  At the same time.. I replaced the 40G with a 120G
drive.. put in the network/cache card and 512 of ram.. and installed the
web server software.  I also made a few modifications to improve
airflow...  all in all.. a nice little upgrade to keep my 4 year old
tivo running for another few years.

Jared