ProBIND2 (Re: DNS: BIND vs. WinDNS)

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Thu Dec 15 08:44:01 EST 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 8:21 PM, Travis Roy wrote:

> Well, for us (us being Colospace) it works well. We have a large
> number of domains, and right now we do it by hand, we edit
> named.conf, zone files, master and slaves, all by hand. This
> centralized config will save us a TON of time.

Not to pick on you in particular, Travis, as much to make a general
point: you say you have a "large" number of domains, and I'd be
curious as to the order of magnitude, just to get the big picture.

I find my clients are always telling me they have a large (sometimes
"huge") amount of data to manage: sometimes it takes as many as a
DOZEN floppies to back up; other times they are talking about 100 meg
or ten million rows. It seems that large is a relative term ;)

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com