Samba PDC

klussier at comcast.net klussier at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 14:49:01 EST 2005

Hi All,

This is a simple one.... I am replacing a Windows AD Domain controller with a Samba PDC and LDAP. I have Samba and LDAP set up using a different windows domain name so that I can test things out. However, I want to pre-poulate the Samba PDC with machine accounts, users, etc. while the Windows AD PDC is running. When I am ready to make the switch, can I change the domain name in Samba and LDAP and go, or do I have to go live with the new name before adding users/workstations/etc. because of the SIDs, et al?

TIA,
Kenny