Any Opinions on SuSE 10.0 vs other Distros

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Wed Dec 21 13:29:02 EST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 09:55 am, Sarunas Burdulis wrote:
> I'm not quite sure on what you mean by "championing", but Ubuntu it in a
> good shape, IMHO. You don't even have to use Kubuntu, just 'apt-get
> install kubuntu-desktop' on Ubuntu proper.
>
> Sarunas

I seem to recall reading that Ubuntu was reconsidering it's
Gnome-only distribution to include Kubuntu's work in the Ubuntu mainline.  Is
your suggestion the result of that initiative?  I've tried Kubuntu once and
was really impressed with it.  I remember being excited about Ubuntu too
until they made it clear it would be Gnome-only and I'm glad that's changing.

I don't mean to turn things into a Gnome-vs-KDE thing, but I'm a KDE guy and
options are good.  Pick your preference.
-N