Follow-up: Red Hat / Fedora dual boot

Neil Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Fri Dec 30 10:11:01 EST 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 09:42 am, Zhao Peng wrote:
> 1 regular boot up from Knopixx
> 2 bring up konsole
2a xhost +
> 3 su -
> 4 swapoff /dev/hda6
> 5 qtparted&
>
> For step 5, I got a line saying "qtparted: cannot connect to X server"
That will be fixed by step 2a added above.

> So I started qtparted via "K menu" -> "systems", and  tried to resize
That means you didn't open QTParted as root.  The step I added above will let
you do just that, by opening up permissions to your X session to other users
(ie root).  Normally, X sessions are only accessible to the user running
them.

> Gee, I'm sooooooo frustrated. //crying..........
No need for that now... ;-)
-N

PS sorry if this posts twice... accidentally sent this from my work email
first time.
-N