rental servers?

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Mon Feb 7 09:14:00 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 11:01:06PM -0500, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> It's also different from a colo/rental which is usually monthly plus
> some minimum term.  One could unethically take advantage of a
> money-back-guarantee on such a thing but I'm not looking for that kind
> of solution.

I wouldn't call it unethical.  If you have a hardware vendor you trust and
have a good relationship with, they may send you demo hardware or send it
on a PO basis, where you get it free for 30 or 45 days with the expecation
you either return it or pay the PO.  Be up front about it with your
hardware monger.  They worst they say is "no".

-Mark
(with a demo box now on day 60-something, still unopened)