[OT] News Server Help

Kevin D. Clark clark_k at pannaway.com
Wed Feb 9 08:37:00 EST 2005

Numberwhun <numberwhun at comcast.net> writes:

>... I was just wondering if anyone here knows of a nice, free new
> server that allows unlimited downloads/uploads, without monitoring?

Terra News (http://www.teranews.com/) probably doesn't fit your bill
but I thought that I'd mention them anyways.  ~$4 for an initial setup
fee and then a *free* 50MB per day thereafter.

I started using Terra News when my previous ISP wouldn't fix their
broken NNTP server, and when my new employer and new ISP didn't offer
or have access to one either.  For the geeky groups that I subscribe
to, 50MB/day is acceptable.

--kevin
--
The net is like a vast sea of lutefisk with tiny dinosaur brains embedded
in it here and there. Any given spoonful will likely have an IQ of 1, but