Linuxworld GNHLUG Boothbabes - hurding cats

Jon maddog Hall maddog at li.org
Wed Feb 9 16:57:00 EST 2005

Hi Gang.

At one time or another all the people on the "To: list" made the mistake of
raising their hands and saying that they would be willing to volunteer for
doing some booth duty at Linuxworld.  Yes, you will be "boothbabes".

We are going to have a simple booth.  We will have electrical power, but we
will not have Internet (at $1200 a drop, I said "no, can not afford it).  I will
bring my laptop (but I will need to take it with me from time to time) and if
anyone else (or all of you) wants to do the same, you are welcome.  I would
also suggest a lock to lock it down.  We will have some sheets talking about
GNHLUG and some of the things we do and the access points for our groups.

The event is three days, effectively 1000-1700 each day, Feb 15-17th.  The
last day it only goes to four o'clock.  Registration opens at 0800 every
day, and with luck we will have you all pre-registered.

I think I have all of you and the issues that you have:

Brian Chabot - volunteer, but also wants to "wander around"
Ken D'Ambrosio - sign up for 15th and 16th, but needs ride from Merrimack
Ira Krakow - attending three days, volunteer for Feb. 16th
Bill Sconce - "when needed"
Ed Lawson - maybe Thursday
Don Leslie - at least one day
Thomas Charron
Steven Jones

So I will take a whack:

		| Tuesday	|Wednesday	|Thursday	|
maddog		|X		|X		|X  		|Intermittent
Ira		|		|X		|		|
Ed		|		|		|X		|tentative
Ken		|X		|X		|		|needs ride
Don		|		|		|X		|
Thomas		|X		|		|		|
Steven		|X		|		|		|

This gives us four people on the first day, which will both be the heaviest
crowds and the most hectic day, with three each of the other days, which should
allow for people to go to the bathroom, eat lunch, wonder a BIT, etc.

I will be driving down from my home in Amherst each day, but on the 16th and
17th I have dinner meetings.  I can give Ken a ride both ways on Tuesday,
but unless he wants to wait around Boston until 2000 hours on Wednesday,
someone else would have to give him a ride.

Thomas and Steven, I have put you two together on one day, but if you were
willing to split up, I would put one of you on Wednesday.

So please let me know if this is doable for you.  Ken, in the worst case we
can put you on the train to Lowell, then taxi from there.

Also, if you know of anyone else who would be willing to help out, please let
me know.

Finally, I want to get all of you your own badge with your own name, title,
address, etc., but I need to know what those are, and quickly.

So I need:

First Name
Last Name
Title ("Unemployed Programmer", "Accomplished Author", etc. are good)
Address (including zip code)
Telephone number
email

You don't have to put your address, telephone number and email, but if you don't, then
prospective employers can't contact you.  If you give me this information in the
next couple of days I can put it in online and your badges will be ready for you
at the show.

Our booth is number 1331, and we are right next to the BLU booth.

If any of you can not do this schedule, or if you could do one more day, please
let me know NOW.  In fact, an ACK back to me saying "yes, I can do this" would
be helpful.

Thanks,

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.