Greetings from booth 1331!

Ken D'Ambrosio kend at xanoptix.com
Wed Feb 16 16:35:01 EST 2005

The GNHLUG crew is doing their thing down here in Boston, and we're
having a good time.  Today was actually very busy around lunchtime, and
many informational packets were handed out (both a humorous Bill Gates
e-mail intercept that Maddog "found," and a description of the LUG and
its chapters).  Find pictures of the LUG table
here: http://flyingtoasters.net/albums/album24/pict0158.thumb.jpg
and
here: http://flyingtoasters.net/albums/album24/pict0157.thumb.jpg

On a more practical point, something like 80% of the people asking about
GNHLUG were interested in the Nashua LUG... which would always make me
mutter stuff about us "urrently having a meeting coordinator," and
making other feeble excuses.  In other words, I think it's probably time
for us to get meetings going again, so I'm throwing my hat into the
ring, and volunteering (unless someone else wants to).

While here, I was already approached by someone who'd like to give a
chat on IP -- and not the networking kind.  He worked with RMS, and is
currently writing a book that I'll paraphrase as "IP through the ages,"
dealing with intellectual properties all the way back to guilds.  I
think that that sounds like a great topic -- what do you guys think?
Are there other topics people are interested in?

Please -- let me know, and I'll see what I can get going; it'd be great
to see the Nashua folks in person again.

Boothbabe Ken, signing off...