Anyone experienced PCI Parity error intermittent failures on Dell 2650 servers?

Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Tue Feb 22 22:49:01 EST 2005

Purely a hardware question: has anyone run across a Dell 2650 server that
flashes "PCI Parity Error E13F4" on the PC Health LED? This server
occasionally scrolls this error across the front panel. Removing power and
then plugging the power cord back in seems to clear the error which happens
intermittently (maybe a couple of times a month). I've got a vendor coming
in to run diagnostics on the system (it's still under warranty) but I was
wondering if anyone has seen something like this. Looking up the error on
the Dell web site suggests replacing the system board or the expansion
modules. One other thing, within the last couple of weeks one of the
embedded NICs wedged and powering the system off/on was the only way to
clear the problem. My first inclination with a problem like this is to take
the machine apart and reseat everything but since it's under warranty, the
vendor will have the pleasure of fixing it.

One other data point, about a week ago the system crashed with a fatal
bugcheck...

-Alex