DVD Burning

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Fri Feb 25 10:30:30 EST 2005

   Any preference for commandline or GUI?  For the latter, I'd suggest giving
"k3b" <http://www.k3b.org/> a try.  It's a KDE program that is among the most
complete and polished of this type of program.

   For DivX to mpeg/DVD conversion, look at tovid
<http://tovid.sourceforge.net/>.  Tovid is strictly commandline stuff but
it's easy and is quite powerful.

   For DVD authoring, give QDVDAuthor a try
<http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/>.  It's about the best for creating menus
and putting things into the DVD file formats, and can also do graphic
slideshows.  One nice feature of this program is that it also shows you the
commandlines it's running in the background, which IMHO, speeds up the
learning curve compared to reading man pages.

 Hope it helps,
 .
 Randy

--
"I hope we shall take warning from the example of England and crush in its
birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to