SLUG Meeting NEXT Monday 1/10 topic Mind Mapping software

Robert E. Anderson rea at q.sr.unh.edu
Mon Jan 3 21:43:01 EST 2005

In an attempt to get this year off on the right track, here's a meeting
announcement ONE WEEK early!

The Topic is:  Mind Mapping software available for Linux

The next meeting is Monday 1/10/2004 at 7pm in Morse Hall room 301.

Last month I started looking at some new note taking and presentation
tools.  I used them to collect and present information on the XML
talk.

There are two linux tools available, we will go over both of them and
show examples of how each shares the data over the web.

The most popular tool is FreeMind, a Java based mindmapping tool that
runs on many Java platforms.  The native Linux tool is called View
Your Mind.  They approach the same goal differently.  One of them
might be just what you've been looking for to organize and share your
thoughts.

For directions see the http://slug.gnhlug.org webpage.