Our very own Chris on Slashdot

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Thu Jan 6 13:09:00 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:43:40PM -0500, Bill Sconce wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:26:11 -0500
> Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> wrote:
>
> > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/05/1537257&tid=95&tid=98
> >
> > Hittin' the big times with the rumor stories.
> >
> > :)
>

> And gettin' 'em right.
>
>    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/06/0631252&tid=95
>
>    Posted by CowboyNeal on Thursday January 06, @02:10AM
>    from the new-beginnings dept.
>
>    Kingfox writes "Brad Fitzpatrick, creator of LiveJournal,
>    finally confirms the story that was posted to Slashdot
>    yesterday. Six Apart has purchased Danga. This means that
>    they're moving to San Francisco...
>
> Heard here on gnhlug first!

I'ts nothing all that new for anyone who's worked as a volunteer on the
site: Brad has never been a business man, and I'm surprised it took as
long as it did for hime to find someone he was willing to give the site
up to. I said 6 months ago (when I was asked to stop participating in
development on the site) that I'd be surprised if he was still the boss
a year from then.

However, LJ is and always has been his baby, so it makes sense that he
took time to make sure somebody got it who was the right fit.

--
Christopher Schmidt