Interview with Linspire CEO Michael Robertson

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Fri Jan 7 11:16:00 EST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:25:32 -0500
Kenyon Karl <kenyon.karl at valley.net> wrote:

> As a relative newbie Linux user on a desktop replacement laptop machine,
> I am very enthusiastic about Linspire and its CNR service! Note also
> that I run Win4Lin on top of Linspire (using a legal copy of Win98SE)
> for my legacy Windows software.

And it sounds like it's working for you?  I (we?) would be pleased to
hear how a new user of a Linux desktop feels the transition is going.

Also, your feelings about win4lin (of which I'm also a grateful user).
Any idea of something like percentage of your time spent running
emulated stuff, and how you think that will trend?

And a specific "geek" question:  does Linspire specifically support
installing win4lin?  (Every win4lin installation I've done has
required a kernel recompile, which is hardly something for Granny!).

-Bill