[OT] US First Kickoff

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Jan 10 11:58:00 EST 2005

For those of you that don't know, US First is a robotics competition. It
was founded by everybody's favorite segway inventor Dean Kamen.

I thought due to what it is and what they do that some of you may be
interested.

The game this year actually seems rather hard:

http://www2.usfirst.org/2005comp/Section_4-The_Game.pdf

One of the "big deals" this year was that some company was giving away a
full featured C compiler. I (being the Linux and OS software user that I
am) didn't find this to be as big a deal as most of the other people.

Anyway, there's plenty of information at http://www.usfirst.org

Considering that this was started in Manchester, the US First
headquarters is in Manchester (the mill building with the UGLY glass
front entry way) and that my wife is taking over the Central High School
C.H.A.O.S. robotic team... :)

If anybody is more interested in this, as in ways to help, general
questions, feel free to direct them to me off list. Anything I can't
answer I'm sure my wife will be able to.