Linux-related job postings - Hopkinton NH School District

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Tue Jan 11 22:36:00 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 21:25 -0500, Dan Jenkins wrote:

> We've always run heterogenous environments. I have no problem with
> Windows when it is running well (no snide comments, please ;-). It is
> just the flood of spyware and more sophisticated malware has made
> things
> much harder in the last few years. Trying to get a handle on that,
> under
> their budgetary and managerial constraints is the issue.

It just occured to me that perhaps all the insane spyware and malware
may eventually lead to a demise of Windows. All it would take to push
Linux over the edge is for the right major company to start pushing
Linux for the desktop. Corporate looking to save money, headaches, and
to be secure in their data would start demanding Linux options for the
applications they use. Then the actual switch could occur in one or two
years after the critical phase.

Would be cool.

-Fred