Wireless protos- 11a 11b 11g ....11x?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Jan 12 16:01:02 EST 2005

On Jan 12, 2005, at 13:53, Jeff Kinz wrote:

> Does
> anyone know of a website or document that explains what is special
> about
> "11n" (possibly vs 11g)?

What's spacial is MIMO.  I happened upon a pre-n Belkin kit at CompUSA
in Nashua a couple weeks ago which has a blurb about it on the box.

Here's an article that talks a bit about -n and pre-n:

   http://www.techworld.com/mobility/features/index.cfm?FeatureID=819

I think somebody announced a single-chip MIMO implementation the other
day.

-Bill
-----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle