[OT] How to get calling number when CallerID reports "unknown"

Larry Cook lcook at sybase.com
Tue Jan 18 08:37:01 EST 2005

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>    Hey, Larry -- you, having been Mr. SS7, I would expect to not even be
> asking this question.  ;-)

That was 7+ years ago.  I've done my best to forget.  Please don't remind me. ;-)

Someone had suggested it could just be an unlisted number.  That person has an
unlisted number, so he called me and it came up the same, "External Call
Unknown Number".  So based on this, I no longer need to try to get the callers
number since I know he has an unlisted cell phone.

Thanks everyone for your repsonses.

Larry