mail archives (was: Another ACPI anecdote, plus footnotes)

Kevin D. Clark clark_k at pannaway.com
Mon Jan 24 12:50:01 EST 2005

Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> writes:

> I could mirror the list on my server, I already have mailman setup for
> DLSLUG and sufficient free disk space.  Does anybody have historical
> mbox files?

Somebody probably has these.  I don't have a complete archive, but
I've got *some*.

Some folks on this list are *very* concerned with their email
addresses appearing on a web-accessible archive (they don't want to
give anything to the spammers).  I share this concern, although I
think that there are folks on this list who are more adamant about
this than I am.  I am more interested in making the collective wisdom
of this list available for others to gain from.  Still, any mail
archive should have an email-address obfuscating feature, in order to
satisfy this (reasonable) request.

IIRC, there are also a few people on this list who may have posted
messages with the X-No-Archive flag set.  Any mail-archive should
respect these people's wishes.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit