HP/Compaq Presario and Linux

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Thu Jan 27 11:20:01 EST 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 10:35 am, Travis Roy wrote:
>I see that you installed Linux in Presario and partition forces to
>re-install.
>
>This is because that the Presario product line was developed for home
>users utilizing Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, and Windows XP Home operating
>systems.
>Linux is primarily a business application and Presario products
>were not designed as business systems.  Therefore, drivers for devices
>such as modems and sound cards are not available for Linux.

I've encountered similar things before. In my cases, I found it was a
boot partition, not the BIOS, which was enforcing the "repair." I just
deleted the small boot partition, and rewrote the boot sector, and the
problem went away. YMMV.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951