Filesystem full ?!?

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 00:08:01 EDT 2005

fsck -f gives the filesystem a clean bill of health, with no change in
behaviour.

> A total of 118784 inodes on a 500 GB filesystem means
> your average file size needs to be around 4 megabytes *or larger* or you will
> run into inode scarcity problems.

Yes, that was done with intent... MP3's only (aside from a few piecs
of album art) and average size is a bit above 5MB and rising (I used
to encode to 128kbps except for classical, now I use 192kbps for
everything.)

Could it be disk geometry related?  I would think this would show up
in fdisk, though, not at such a late stage.

--DTVZ