Some RedHat advice?

Ken D'Ambrosio kend at xanoptix.com
Fri Jul 8 00:37:00 EDT 2005

Neil Joseph Schelly wrote:

>The problem I'm mostly having here is that Red Hat seems to be restricted to
>include only vsftpd for ftp server choices.  I'm using pam_mkhomedir to
>automatically setup home directories for new users (from the Active
>Directory) when they login.  It seems that vsftpd ignores this PAM module.

It seems likely to me that you need something in /etc/pam.d/; below is a
handy link (it even mentions PAM, FTP *and* Red Hat, all in the same
post!).  The general gist, however, is that many services require an
/etc/pam.d/ config file before they'll work with PAM; you may be able to
look at your functional Debian /etc/pam.d/*ftp* file, and just pull it
over.  Maybe.

http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/doc/README.PAM.html

Good luck!

-Ken