Speaking of OSS in schools

Steve Kossakoski skossakoski at sau16.org
Sat Jul 9 13:48:00 EDT 2005

Great idea.  If you're interested, the Great Bay eLearning Charter
School in Exeter (www.gbecs.org) uses Linux/FOSS exclusively.  Also, we
have implemented LTSP terminal servers and associated thin clients in
all of our seven school districts in SAU 16 (Exeter and surrounding
towns...www.sau16.org). Additionally, we're phasing in OpenOffice and
other FOSS applications throughout our district.  If anyone would like
to find out more about our Linux/FOSS implementation please feel free
to contact me off-list.  Also, we'd be happy to host a LUG meeting at
the charter school if you'd like to see Linux/FOSS in action in a
school setting.  Additionally, our professional development center
(www.spdc.org),which serves NH seacoast school districts, is in the
process of developing a training schedule and tutorials to support
implementation of Linux/FOSS in  local districts. A partnership between
schools districts and LUG members could be very powerful.
Steve

Star <nhstar at gmail.com> on Thursday, July 07, 2005 at 6:51 PM -0500