Anyone done anything with MythTV?

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Mon Jul 18 19:39:00 EDT 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 02:05 pm, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> I'm possibly interested in pursuing it.

It's great - my wife and I have been using a Myth setup now for a year and a
half or so.  There are some tough times with it - I generally expect after an
upgrade from one version to the next I will miss some TV.  But overall, it's
a great setup and really is the best way to watch TV that I know of.

I've always used hardware I've had lying around and replaced it piece by piece
as parts have failed.  Let me just suggest that this is an annoying method of
going about things, while very economical.  It may be worth your while to
just buy the hardware that everyone has no difficulty with.  And check out
KnoppMyth for an easy way to set one up.  The KnoppMyth forums also have lots
of great hardware suggestions to check out.
-N