Home Automation Question

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Jul 26 20:22:01 EDT 2005

I've had some talkes with Brian (Karas) about this, but I wanted to open
it up.

Hopefully (now that the seller finally signed the P&S) I will soon be a
home owner. I've messed with small (firecracker) X10 stuff but in an
apartment it's kind of weird and not the best place to do it.

Anybody have any experience with this, specifically with Linux? We're
mostly insterested in distribution of a stereo system, but light
control, security, appliances, are all on the list of things to check out.

I looked at Mr. House (www.misterhouse.net) but that looks hugely
complicated.