Mandriva announces acquisition of main Lycoris assets

Bill Mullen moon at lunarhub.com
Thu Jun 16 16:59:01 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 14:04, Dan Jenkins wrote:
> http://www.mandriva.com/company/press/pr?n=/pr/corporate/2556
>
> Mandriva, formerly known as Mandrakesoft, to purchase several assets
> from Lycoris.
> Lycoris' founder and CEO Joseph Cheek is joining Mandriva.
> Mandrake and Connectiva merged a few months back, and now the combined
> company is acquiring Lycoris.
> Interesting.

Definitely. As an avowed Mandr{ake,iva} fan, I'm particularly intrigued
by this development. I'm curious to see what bits from Lycoris end up in
the next release ("Mandriva 2006"), which will also be the first release
to incorporate Connectiva's technology. I guess it's about time I threw
together a box to run Cooker on, just to keep an eye on it ... ;)

There's a bit more on the acquisition at NewsForge:

http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/06/15/2030250

--
Bill Mullen
RLU# 270075