Sometimes, I think Zawinski just might be right.

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 08:44:01 EDT 2005

Jason Stephenson <jason at sigio.com> writes:

> Y'know, I actually tried LyX about 6 or 7 years ago, before I tried
> AbiWord. I should probably give it another go. It was a niftly little
> program back then, and I imagine it hass improved. It had some rough
> edges as I recall.

I don't use it often, mostly just to update my resume once or twice a
year :) It's gotten better, and I'm sure if you know enough TeX or
LaTeX, then it's even better than I think it is, given that you can
probably make it do what you want more easily.  Since I don't know
either, I'm resigned to being occasionally frustrated on my twice
annual forays into resume updating :)

> I was actually pondering writing my own TeX editor or giving LyX
> another try even before reading your message. (The world really
> doesn't need another text editor or word processor, does it?)

No, not really.  And now that I've found the Emacs 'muse' module,
which can output raw text to html, ps, pdf, tex/latex, etc., I have
even less reason to bother with anything but emacs :)

--

Seeya,
Paul