Login Delay

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Jun 24 11:48:00 EDT 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 11:09 AM, Andrew W. Gaunt wrote:

> If the delay  approaches infinity asymptotically that would be cool
> too.

Hmm, I wonder if there's any other way to get there...

I like the tarpit idea, although it's not built into the ssh servers
and would need to be implemented via iptables, or another mechanism.

I've just taken the "best practices" advice offered here and moved
ssh from the default port. The script kiddies and their 815 guesses
at names and passwords typically only attempt port 22. But slowing
them down so they do less damage is appealing.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com